Zahid Hamidi: Zaid should retract his resignation

The Star, Tuesday September 16, 2008

Abdullah urges Zaid to take a break and think it over

KUALA TERENGGANU: Datuk Seri Abdullah Ahmad Badawi has confirmed that he had met de facto law minister Senator Datuk Zaid Ibrahim and urged him to reconsider his resignation.

However, the Prime Minister revealed that he had not seen the resignation letter as it was sent to his office while he was at his home in Seri Perdana.

“I have not seen the contents of the letter but I advised him to think again properly (his resignation) when he met me at my home,

“I told him to go ahead and take leave if he is exhausted and think it over,” he said after breaking fast with the congregation at Masjid Abidin here yesterday.

The Prime Minister said he could not discuss at length with Zaid as he had to rush here to attend the event.

“I will make a decision (on the resignation) once I have read the letter, the letter is in my office,” Abdullah said, adding that it was Zaid’s choice if he had chosen to resign.

In Kuala Lumpur, Minister in the Prime Minister’s Department Datuk Seri Ahmad Zahid Hamidi said Zaid should retract his resignation and raise his opinion in the Cabinet meeting.